Thursday, June 4, 2009

Brain holiday


Yesterday I was trying to reformat an external hard drive from MAC format to FAT 32 or MS-Dos format. I wanted to get some stuff of my husband's computer (his is a PC), it was too big for a USB and his DVD burner is broken. I had recently formatted the external hard drive to MAC format. I hadn't written anything to the hard drive yet. Anyway, back to the story. I went to Disk Utility on my computer and tried to find where I could change the format. I had changed the format on other hard drives and USBs before, so I knew what I was doing. This particular time I couldn't see MS-Dos. I talked to my husband on Gmail chat to get some help. He was at work. We chatted for quite awhile as to what it could be. Then I decided to send him a screenshot of the list of format options, he found the problem straight away. I was so oblivious to the MS-Dos thing, I didn't even see it. It was there all along. My brain decided to go on holiday for a bit I guess. *Giggles*

Later that evening...
I am getting my computer ready to move downstairs, which is where my husband and I spend our evenings now as it is alot warmer and easier to heat. We were going to watch Star trek (M's fave - I'm kind like yeah whatever, plus we need to watch it and send back to QuickFlix). However, bit off track there. I eject my external hard drive and proceed to unplug everything including my mouse and key board. At this point my husband walks in and says "Aren't you going to turn your computer off first?" I reply; "Oh? Yeah, that's right." You see I have to lean behind my computer screen and unplug everything. By the time I got behind there I had completely forgotten that I hadn't turned my computer off. So I go back to the front of my computer and see that it is still on. After he says this I try to move my mouse, it doesn't move. He says to me "You unplugged your mouse." I reply, "Oh yeah, thats right." *blushes and giggles* I crack myself up sometimes.

0 comments: