Saturday, May 9, 2009

Cirque Du Soleil


My DH and I went to see a matinee performance of Cirque Du Soleil on Friday afternoon. It was a fantastic performance. It was so amazingly performed and put together. The best show I have ever seen. The costumes and make up were fantastic, so detailed and intricate. The talent/ability of the performers was outstanding. There was one girl who did all these different acrobatic movements while holding herself up with one hand, it was amazing to watch. There were many other amazing acrobatics - the use of trampolines to run up walls and do flips and incorporate dancing. They even jumped from trampoline to trampoline.
I loved the clowns too. They really made the show, it was hilarious at the beginning there was this frightful but funny looking clown (he had black and white hair sticking up straight) walking around the audience and teasing people. Stealing their popcorn, their tickets, sitting in their laps, telling them to go to the wrong seat. It was so funny to watch. I was glad we had got there early to see the the funny happenings whilst people arrived.

I was very impressed with the two singers also. There was a male and a female singer in the show. The male singer was a soprano and he sang really high, it was amazing. The female singer at one point in the show sang whilst suspended in the air. I don't know how she did it. It's hard enough singing whilst standing on the ground let alone in mid air and trying to get support without one's feet on the ground.

Of course the music was very impressive, really amazing and all live too.
I could go on and on about how amazing it was. The lighting, sound, stage was also very impressive. It is definitely worth going to see.
I had a fantastic afternoon/evening with DH.

On another note; whilst at the Docklands (where Cirque was) I stumbled across a Mövenpick Ice cream franchise and was very excited about this. When I lived in NZ, my family used to buy Mövenpick ice cream on special occasions like my Dad's birthday. It is a Swiss ice cream. It was very expensive around $7 a litre but amazingly delicious. Since moving to Australia I had not been able to buy Mövenpick ice cream because it wasn't sold over here. However, it is now being introduced to Australia via ice cream franchise. I didn't get to buy any ice cream because the shop was closed after the Dralion show, but I will definitely be going back there for a visit. More info here. I can't wait to try some.

0 comments: