Thursday, May 8, 2008

Overwhelmed

Lately I have noticed that I have so many things in my life that I want to do and not enough time. This is because my time is often taken up by things that need doing (although I'd rather not do them at all sometimes). I also do not understand TVs, they take up so much time that is mainly pointless. My husband and I don't own a T.V. at all. I was thinking to myself recently how if we did own a T.V. I would never have time to watch it or I would get distracted and watch it and then do nothing with my life. Which I don't really want because there is so much that I want to do with my life and sometimes I just don't know where to start. I also dislike doing menial tasks such as cooking and house cleaning...I think they take up too much time. I would love to own a robot that could do all my housework and cooking for me to allow me to pursue all the things that I want to do. I don't think that will happen anytime soon...unfortunately. Although there is now the technology for it. Hurry up and make it cheap for everyday people!

Back to the point of the whole post. I feel overwhelmed by the sheer amount of desires and goals that I have for me life. Like for example I want to travel around the world and get to know lots of different cultures, I want to write a book, I want to write more, I want to create more (art, photos, sculpture, installation), I want to publish all my poems in a book....the list goes on. But back to the reality of my situation...I just can't fit it all in. I have to help maintain the house, cook, clean, study, maintain relationships, work...the list goes on. There are two diverse opposites pulling at me, part of me just wants to go and do all the things that I want to do and then another part of me says "hello!!! There are responsibilities!" I really don't like being responsible sometimes it takes away too much of my life and what I want to do.

Just a thought or two for today.

0 comments: