Monday, May 19, 2008

Perfume, fragance and nice smells

I like perfume, I have begun an affair with it in fact. It began when I first smelt J'adore by Christian Dior, that was one amazing smell. It took me so many places when I smelt it. The next perfume I inhaled was Pleasures Delight by Estee Lauder, it is a very beautiful fragance that took me on a heady experience of freshness and fruitiness. Since inhaling those two perfumes I have begun to collect perfume and when I get the chance I try to find more that I am drawn to. My collection so far consists of: Red Door by Elizabeth Arden, Sunflowers by Elizabeth Arden, Baby Rose Jeans by Visace, Pleasures Delight by Estee Lauder. Two perfumes that I would love to own would be J'adore by Christian Dior and Tabu by Dana. Each has their own pleasant smelling characteristics which draw me to them.

The thing about perfume which attracts me is being able to complete a look with smell, I believe smell/perfume is the finishing touch to any outfit. There is nothing worse than seeing a really fashionably dressed person and then smelling B.O. on them, not a good look. I must admit though, that I have been a victim of that myself in the past, before I began my love affair with perfume.

I love perfume. I have even considered buying books about the history of perfume and learning about how it came to be so important in culture.

I have had quite a few chats with a work colleague about perfume. He and I have often noted that perfume just goes that extra mile to impress when coming into contact with others. We have discussed perfumes that we like (he likes to choose perfumes for his wife - I think that is so romantic) and he has shared a few that he likes which gave me ideas of what perfumes to try out.

One movie that I found interesting is a French movie called "I Do" (in English, not sure what it is called in French), anyway the main character works for a perfume factory, in fact he creates perfumes. I found this fascinating, to be able to create a scent...and that scent is worn by thousands of people....fascinating. He also had spent his whole life trying to recreate the scent of his first real love....how delightfully sweet. He eventually figured out how to recreate the scent of his first love....I found it fascinating, trying to capture a person through scent. (This is a great movie - although that is not the main story; a smaller sub story which I enjoyed). My husband and I actually saw this movie on our honeymoon and there was hardly anyone in the cinema which we didnt mind at all.

0 comments: