Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Secret Stories

I am amazed at the secret things people admit to doing on the MSN site. For example; one woman secretly dated her best friend's brother. She then drunkenly told her best friend that she was dating him. Soon after revealing this to her now ex-best friend she found out she was pregnant by him. She then broke it off with him and moved away and never told him. That wasn't the worst, but I was surprised that she wasn't honest with him about the baby. I think one of the worst was this woman pretending to be a new work colleague at her work and setting up a new email account and then emailing her boss raunchy emails. He then responded with raunchy emails and pictures! She kept pretending for awhile and then ended it and quite her job. That one made me laugh and how embarrassing for the boss. Not that he ever knew.

Some of these stories brought to mind how different my life is to others. They also really interested me in that I can live vicariously through others mistakes and not get the consequences. I don't think I would dare do half of the stuff that has been admitted on there. Although I do think it is a good idea for people to be able to tell their secrets anonymously to get it off their chest and hopefully move on in life. For some though it was sad as they said they would take the secret to the grave with them and never share it with anyone.

I am sure that everyone has secrets of some sort filtered throughout their colourful lives, many would not admit to it. I must admit that I definitely have a secret or two that I would not dare tell anyone, apart from my husband. I think it is important that some things are not mentioned or told to too many people.

Closed doors and secrets...hmm...

0 comments: