Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Street art on Hosier Lane




These pics are from Hosier Lane in Melbourne. There is lots of interesting street art around Melbourne and its always changing. It is a very fertile art form. For my prac on February I taught a unit of work to the year 10s on Street art and they really enjoyed it. They worked on creating a stencil and then the art teacher and I bought two big boards and painted them pale blue. We chose three colours to work with in spray paint and the students sprayed their work onto the board. It looked fantastic. Should upload some pics of the boards. The boards are going to be put up as a mural.
That was just a little side note to my street art post. We (myself, my husband and my brother in law A) went to the city for the afternoon. It was crappy, rainy, cold weather but we went anyway. I am glad we did, because I finally got to see Hosier Lane, have been wanting to see it for ages.
I really like street art, its so different to any other art form, so free, fertile and interesting. It can be rather confronting also.

We also went to two vintage clothes shops in Melbourne, expensive but had some interesting clothes. There was a lovely dress there for $50, but I was like, nah! Op-shopping is way better and more fun, even though it takes longer to find vintage stuff.

Of late the weather here has been super cold and horrible. Not worth going outside really...hardly any sun either. I don't really like it, but can't do much about it. It has been snowing though, from what I've heard. I haven't physically been to the snow yet.

0 comments: