Thursday, April 30, 2009

Latest cooking adventures





I made these crackers on Thursday night (why isn't it called Thurnight? hmm.... DH and I were pondering this the other day; Wednight, Monnight, Sunnight....hmmm) it was lots of fun and rewarding. The crackers are called Graham Crackers (randomly - I wonder who Graham is) and are something my Mum made when I was a child. I loved them then and still do. So many lovely memories. I particularly love eating the dough, it tastes so nice.
Here is the recipe:

Graham Crackers

2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of whole wheat
1 cup of white flour
½ cup oil
just less than a cup of hot hot water
a good heaped teaspoon of salt

Method
1. Set the oven for 200°C - 220°C
2. Mix all dry ingredients into a bowl
3. Add hot water and oil and mix
4. Sit pastry for 10 min
5. Roll out pastry and cut out crackers
6. Oil a tray and put crackers on the tray
7. Put in oven and cook until lightly brown

Makes about 45 crackers.

0 comments: