Wednesday, August 20, 2008

On another note (was there ever another another note?)

I have been frustrated with life lately, partly because of certain reasons and partly because I sometimes get annoyed very easily by little things. I have no idea why. For example the other day my husband and I came home from working (at the same place), there was lots of washing up to do, tea hadn't been cooked and I was tired. For some reason I got very annoyed and upset because of this. My husband cooked tea and did some of the washing up for me while I sat quietly doing something on the computer and drinking a chamomile tea (which he made me - awwww!). This did help me calm down and feel better. I guess that's just life, things are not always going to be perfect! That's something I need to remember, I tend to be rather perfectionistic and get stressed when it doesn't turn out how I like.

I have been thinking about my favourite movies lately and realised there are quite a few that I like and started sorting them into categories in my mind.

Independent/Foreign/Arthouse:
Paris J'Taime
Amelie
Tideland
I do (French movie - I don't know French name)
Science of Sleep
Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
House of Flying Daggers
Hero
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
I love Huckabees
Garden State
Little Miss Sunshine
My best friend (French)
The bothersome man (odd, but interesting concept)

Sci-Fi:
The Matrix (first one only)
Momento
Star Wars - all of them
Star Trek (what I have seen, I liked)
Cypher

Action:
Deja Vu (Sci-fi also)
Domino
V for Vendetta
Batman Begins

Other:

The Illusionist
A beautiful mind (not sure what cateogory this is)
Scent of a woman
Saved
Brokeback Mountain
The Four feathers

Adventure:

Lord of the Rings trilogy
Lion, the witch and the wardrobe
Prince Capsian

Australian:
Rabbit Proof fence
Candy (Heath Ledger is in this one - bonus!)
Strange Bedfellows
Priscilla Queen of the Desert (gosh that made me laugh!)

Family/feel good/ inspirational:
I am Sam
Molly
Benny & Joon
Keeping Mum
Freedom Writers
A bear called Winnie (about the real Winnie the Pooh)
School of Life

Johnny Depp movies:

Benny & Joon
Edward Scissor hands
Chocolat
Ed Wood

I am super tired and I can't think of anymore at this stage, will keep adding some as I remember. I have seen soooo many movies that have impacted me and that I have liked that I can't remember them all.

0 comments: