Thursday, October 1, 2009

Past thoughts


I found a piece of prose I'd written ages ago. Probably close to 8 years ago. It was an odd experience I had when I was relaxing on my bed. I think I was listening to Linkin Park, but I can't really remember.

The sound of the ocean sounded so surreal all around me.
The distant waves crashed onto the towering cliff, the sound was so real.
I looked at the calm waves beside me, gently nudging the shore.
The sky was hard, cold and wintery looking,
and yet it looked fresh as though it were new.
The spray from the distant waves splattered the cliff,
like the many more waves to come.
Then all of a sudden I heard a loud noise beside me
of a breaking wave,
I felt the wave pull me toward the sea bed,
I floated along with it
and it felt like I was nothing, totally weightless
as I floated and moved with the motion of the ocean.
Then suddenly I shook myself
and I was back on my bed,
half expecting to be surrounded by water.

Image courtesy of: http://www.sxc.hu/home

0 comments: